Tuesday, May 24, 2016

In the service of OFWs

Posted by Belarmino Dabalos Saguing
Rome, Italy May 234, 2016



Press Statement
May 24, 2016

In the service of OFWs

I am glad to know getting support from some fellow OFWs endorsing me in a poster (please see attached) with a quote from me that has been circulating in social media to be the land-based OFW representative to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Board of Trustees (BOT). I convey my sincere appreciation for your support and trust and kind words.

Though I consider myself an active Filipino community leader and have offered myself for quite some time to be in the service and assistance to the hundreds of distressed, stranded, undocumented, and jailed OFWs based on and knowing my capabilities and limitations, I have several personal matters to consider. For now, I am humbly turning down the 'endorsement’ to be the land-base OFW representative to the OWWA-BOT. Let me say that I am not using my OFW advocacy for personal gains and interests.

If I will be given a chance to speak to the appointing authority, for instance with the presumptive President-elect Mayor Rody Duterte, I will be recommending Migrante, the organization that I have been a member for 13 years, and other active and capable OFW leaders to be appointed in various OFW-serving government agencies to ensure genuine OFW representation and made it realize under the incoming administration.

(Sgd) John Leonard Monterona
Convener, United OFW Worldwide
(U-OFW)
Adviser, OFW Undocumented for Legalization thru Amnesty (OFWULA)
Mobile No. 00966 539 081974

No comments:

Post a Comment